hello

Java and Javascript are two different animals, I personally
think that Java is a great tool for generating content, as in
running servlets that generate TEXT, not the flawed applet
idea with its crazy security implications. Javascript is not
the same, and I wish it would just not exist. It is used for
all the wrong reasons. The only reason it does exist is
because Sun allowed Netscape to create a scripting
language based on Java, but is not Java, in order to help
proliferate Java on the web. It was bad decision for Sun.

Java is very useful as a technology, for networking code
on embedded devices, and for server code. I have
written powerful server based apps that when you view
the pages they are text, but the text is generated by Java,
this is very powerful, but completely different than the
Javascript fiasco. There is no need for Javascipt, Java,
DHTML, or any other "dynamic" content languages on
web pages. There are too many risks involved and too
many restrictions on how the information can be used.
I'd like to see new standards evolve out of W3C.

  -- Doug