hello

flash and pdf both now are owned by adobe.  If I'm not much mistaken
Section 508 compliance requires that java may not be used in any
user-visible fashion on web sites but may be used for house-cleaning
chores behind the scenes.  As I understand it, java is just too immature
to be on the Internet at all.  From a security perspective it offers way
too many opportunities to the kind of people that otherwise trash
perfectly reasonable neighborhoods and java can't adequately defend
itself.