Ubuntu, and Speakup

Okay.I know that Ubuntu contains a graphical installer, with Orca. Question
is, does it contain Speakup at all?
I wish to see if I could install Ubuntu without using a GUI environment. How
would I get Speakup to talk, eaven if it's installed in the latest Ubuntu
kernels? Any help is really helpful on this issue. ;) Regards, --Keith,
KeithNet Network Administrator.
Skype-- skypedude1234