Fw: ISA to USB adapter

Hi,

Gregory Nowak, le Thu 09 Nov 2006 20:22:45 -0700, a ?crit :
> 1. There kernel module and user-space program are proprietary. They
> say the kernel module is compiled against linux 2.4.26, and that it
> should work with any kernel.  Does anyone know for sure that a module
> compiled against a 2.4.x kernel will run on a 2.6.x kernel?

I _STRONGLY_ doubt this... The USB stack has changed a lot between linux
2.4.26 and nowadays 2.6.18...

> On the bright side, they have their own API used to talk to the
> usb-connected isa device, and it looks like it does allow you to talk
> fully to any isa card.

Oh! Then a free driver could be written.

> So, with a bit of coding in speakup, it should be useable,

That should rather be done in the Linux kernel.  Not only blind people
would like to use such card...

Samuel