Have now installed Fedora Core 6 but problems

Hi all,
After three times I managed to insatll Fedora Core 6 with Speakup. The first two times it complained about about some files could not be opened and it wasn't the correct DVD. I checked the DVD and it was nothing wrong with it. The third time it worked.
However, when the system was rebooted I have no speech! Do I still need to run that chkconfig --runlevel 2345 firstbot off?
It was some time since I installed Fedora.
Many thanks,
Christian