speakup on compact flash

I have this computer, it's a Soekris 4801. It is designed to allow people
to build their own wireless access points. But I thought I'd put a speakup
modified kernel on it and use it like a laptop.

Has anyone installled a speakup kernel on a cf drive? Anybody have
something like a speakup modified pebble linux?