doubletalk lite issue fc 3

does the speakup_synth and the speakup_ser=0 still work in the boot
prompt now that fc3 is installed. meaning, I know it works on the cd
but will it work in the fc on the hdd. meaning. when the boot prompt
comes up, If i type the command will the doubletalk talk for me?
also, in the staller boot rompt I had to type no usb and acpi=off in
order for it to boot, do i have to type that now. could that be the
reason why it isn't booting up all the way now.?