Speakup in GRML

* Buddy Brannan <buddy at brannan.name> wrote:
> I actually have two kind of dumb GRML questions, and I haven't joined
> the GRML list yet to ask them. Actually, I have three:

> 1) GRML says that my user account can't execute a su to
> root. Specifically, if I type su I get:
> Sorry, user davros is not allowed to execute '/bin/su' as root on
> dalek.

Which grml-version?
What's the output of 'which su'?
What's inside /etc/sudoers?
Does running '/bin/su' instead of 'su' help?

> 2) I changed /etc/network/interfaces to define eth0 to have a static
> IP, but whenever my machine reboots (and maybe at some other time) it
> goes and asks my router for a dynamic one. My network definition
> specifically says that eth0 is a static IP, though, and if I drop eth0
> and re-establish it (ifdown eth0 then ifup eth0), I get the static IP
> I asked for. What am I missing?

You didn't deactivate config-dhcp within grml2hd.
Just set CONFIG_DHCP to 'no' in /etc/grml/autoconfig now.

> 3) I've got something really messed up somehow. Well, not a show
> stopper, but annoying nonetheless. During an upgrade, I got a problem
> with a package called open-iscsi which monitors SCSI devices or
> something (I don't have any). I can't install it and I can't remove
> it, because dpkg tries to start the service and gripes about a module
> that isn't there...and I can't determine what I need to install to get
> the module so I can get rid of the error and go on with
> life. Specifically:
[...]

This package is b0rken :-/ (and got removed for grml's new release
therefore), see my bugreport against the Debian package:

Try running 'rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/open-iscsi.prerm ; apt-get
install' - this should fix your problem.

-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://www.michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -? Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins