gnopernicus and slackware

Not sure what you mean by:

"accessible outside the
network."

If you mean you want to be able to connect to services such as ssh,
http server, ftp server, ETC., that run on individual machines on your
home network from the internet, then you need to get a static IP
address for each of your internal network machines. Alternatively, if
you want to run one service per machine (I.E. ftp server on box1, ssh
server on box2, http server on box3, and so on), then you could setup
your router to route the appropriate ports from the internet to the
appropriate IP address on your internal network, assuming each of
your internal machines gets a fixed IP address. If you want to for
example run 2 ssh servers, one for box1, and another for box2, you can
run one of them on port 22 (standard ssh port), and run the other on
port 2200 as accessed from the internet, which you would then route to
port 22 of your second machine's internal IP address.

Some of this, especially the last example I described, requires some
fancy firewall setup, which your router may or may not be able to
do. If you don't want to get a static IP address for each of your LAN
machines, and you still need to do what I described above, and your
router can't do it, then setup one of your machines to be your router,
disable the routing portion of your dsl modem, turning it into a plain
dsl modem, and learn to configure iptables on your router pc, which
can do what I've described above, and more.

Hth, and hope it all made sense.

Greg