Speakup on an Echo

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Garrett Klein wrote:
> 2. The maximum pitch of a BNS is 17 while the echo can go up to 100. I haven't figured out where the maximum allowable pitch for a synthesizer is defined, so I haven't modified the driver yet.

Actually, I seem to recall the manual for the Type 'N Speak, which uses
the same synthesizer stating that the pitch could go to 63.  I haven't
used Speakup with the BNS driver in years, since my TNS died long ago.
However, I remember that the TNS could go really high in pitch, while
Speakup couldn't even get it to the pitch I had it set at for normal use.