ot: site developers?

Hi all,
I have been away and am behind, but have an off topic question.
can anyone here suggest a good site developer who is reasonable?
I have a site, but the person who did it as a gift did not follow my
wishes, and there are problems.  Unfortunately those problems are becoming
an issue for me business wise, so I seek someone who can follow my
directions for cleaning it up.
any ideas, please write me off list, as this is not on topic here.
thanks,
Karen