booting up with Knoppix

I have not found the docs that explain the best way to boot to Knoppix off
the CD-Rom.
I did this before, and it worked with:
knoppix text speakup_synth=txprt
actually, I used acntsa, since I forgot that I should use the txprt synth
for the artic Braille pad
but typing the boot command with txprt gives me the message that it cannot
find the kernel.
but if I just press enter, it boots up, with no speech support of course.
I will try it again with acntsa instead of txprt, but I would think that
this would not matter.
Any other thoughts here?
Glenn