FreedomBox

Hello,
I can't make any comments on whether freedombox does track activities and
add to the spam problems.
I think it is a great shame that there is no plan to build support for
festival or flite into the linux version of freedom box. I really dislike
the dectalk voices and find those harder to understand than festival. Trying
to include support for speech-dispatcher if possible might be a good
solution (I don't know whether it would meet the technical requirements or
not). The comment about using freedombox if it was free with festival as a
synth, well I wouldn't use dectalk even if it was free, so the price wasn't
coming into it there.
You can see where the emphasis is in the company, there is not even a
comment about linux in the information about freedombox on their website
(not even a mention in listing operating systems, would it be too much to
just have it say "works with windows 98 or later, or linux"). Due to that,
if I had found it by searching the internet, I would not even have bothered
looking further.
From
Michael Whapples
"An optimist is someone who has never had much experience"