Linux system...dressed downfrom yesterday.

You're not going to find a comparison of distros. From time to time
someone tries to write such a thing, but even these occasional efforts
are quickly out of date and therefore unhelpful.

As I'm sure has been said here over and over, distros are very much a
matter of personal choice. There is, and will never be, a definitive
answer about "which is better," or "which one is better for me."

As for reading, may I point out that I provided you suggested reading
which you spurned? You're, of course, welcome to spurn me, but you are
not then in a position to say you've not received an answer. Just
because you might not get an answer you like doesn't mean you haven't
been answered.