Alternative to sndconfig in fedora core 2

Hello,
I've just installed F C 2 and to my dismay sndconfig is gone.  I have had a look around and see that this is because most new sound
cards don't need it any more.  If this is the case why doesn't this external SB Odgidy 2 work?  I've another card that I generally
use for speech as well which wouldn't be more than two or three months old.  That's connected via PCI and worked without problems in
F C 1.

Can someone tell me how to get either of these cards working in fedora again?  Is there an alternative to sndconfig?

All help appreciated

Darragh