question about DECtalk express voices and pitch

Hi.  I'm replying to myself because I didn't keep ano of the replys from
the list.

I changed line 221 of speakup_dectlk.c from

{ PITCH, "[:dv ap %d]", 80, 0, 100, 20, 0, 0 },

to read
{ PITCH, "[:dv ap %d]", 80, 0, 200, 20, 0, 0 },

Basically, this changed the max value for pitch from 100 to 200.  The
female voices are about 100 higher in pitch than the male voices.  To
get everything working the way I want, I had to change the caps_start
and caps_stop in /proc/speakup to higher values.  My script for betty
looks like this.

#!/bin/bash
#changes the default voice on the DECtalk express to Betty
echo 4 >/proc/speakup/voice #changes voice
echo 150 >/proc/speakup/pitch #makes sure the pitch stays right
echo 300 >/proc/speakup/caps_start #needed cause female voices are
higher
echo 150 >/proc/speakup/caps_stop #keeps pitch from going to low

My editor wrapped a comment in this message, but you get the idea.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny