Need direction please

I may have made a breakthrough. I deleted the kernel 2.6.6 source tree and
tried it all again.

I had to run "make mrproper", then "make config" and only then could I run
"checkout" to successfully download the speakup CVS patches.

Subsequent runs of "make config" prompted me to configure speakup (yeah!).

I'm building the kernel now and will let you all know what happens
tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jeff