question about Gnopernicus

Hi, I think one of the major problems in getting hardware speech with
gnopernicus is getting hands on one of those synths. I'd behappy to work on
doubletalk drivers, get the documentation for the synth, and patch it into
gnopernicus, but I am not willing to put $300 on the table just to get the
synth to write drivers for it. I feel many of the developers are placed in a
similar situation.
Does anyone know where to get doubletalks or other synths like it at a
reasonible price like $25 to $50 range?