Booting CDs was: speakup and gentoo kernels

Can you offer more details? I just looked through the entire first CD
of Slackware 9.1 and there is no sbm* anything!  Is that the exact
name?

Actually, I found a root image called sbootmgr.dsk; there is also a
package called btmgr they say is in the extra directory of Slack 9.1.
I'll take a look later.

--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!