Makeing Knoppix speak

Thank you Glenn Ervin at Home. After trying a number of combinations ,
I could not figure out how to boot from the CD ROM. I then tried
putting the CD into my DVD ROM and I then got a talking boot prompt. I
think I typed in "knopix 2 speakup _synth=dectlk" and pressed enter.
the disk ran for a bit and I heard nothing. I could see that their was
something on the screen and no speaking. So I rebooted after removing
the disk. I then Fired up Nero 6, did a full format of my 4X CD-RW on
my NEC CD-RW NR9100A and did a disk Info. I was told their was 656MB
free on the disk. I then tried reburning the
KNOPPIX_v3-2-2003-07-26-EN-speakup.iso" to disk (using the CD-RW in
the NEC CD-RW NR9100A at 4X). I was asked if I wanted to use over
burn, I said yes and  at 97% I got the message that burning failed. I
then checked properties and was told their was 716MB on the disk and
the disk had a total capacity of 712MB. Am I doing things right? Do I
need a different disk? I live on the west coast of Canada.

Angus MacKinnon Crest Saying
Latin -  Audentes Fortuna Juvat
English - Fortune Assists The Daring
Web Page: http://members.shaw.ca/dabneyadfm