changing synthesisers under speakup

        Well I may have a broken kernel!  Crap!  When I ran modconf I
could only find drivers/char/speakup/keyhelp.  Could someone tell me what
sections I should find in my kernel that relate to speakup?  Now I am
using a pre-compiled kernel not something I compiled from source. Perhapse
there are differences between the source version of the speakup kernel and
the pre-compiled kernel I have.  So if there are differences between them,
could I have them as well?