16k voices

Hello, I read a few earlier posts on this and other lists about some 16k
voices availible for linux. I was wondering what would be availible, and
if 16k voices are truly the highest quality availible these days. I must
say I am interested in software and not hardware solutions and synths.
The main constraint being price right now; however, I would be open to
any advice and information, but I would greatily appreciate to know
about any 16k voices and which software speech packages can support
them, and do it with ease and little difficulty?

Thanks so much everyone,
Sina