char-major-188:

Folks,

I have been getting a message about some modules missing and one of
those is what I referenced in the subject line. I looked it up in the
devices.txt file in the kernel tree and found 188 = /dev/smbusbios and
curious exactly what its purpose might be. I dont' think it has to do
with a usb port either.<grin> I'm not so sure I've seen a smbus bios
before. Any thoughts appreciated.

tia
Scott