Proving Myself

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 12:32:26PM -0500, Chris Gilland wrote:
> That was very rude!

Oh, but so, so true!

>  must we believe everything by means of seeing?

Not nearly, but in Kevin's case, I'm afraid I don't have any faith
left over, sorry.

> if that were so, we would all be faithless Thomases.

Was Thomas really faithless? You ever seen the book of Thomas? Why is
it that Thomas gets such a bad rap, anyway? Judas did the
betraying. Peter did the denying (and also fell through when walking
on water...how come it is he isn't "faithless"?) Anyway, there were, I
believe, about 50 books that the political figures of the day deemed
would not be in the modern Bible (so much for God's word being
immutable), and Thomas was one of them.
http://www.misericordia.edu/users/davies/thomas/Trans.htm

> Trust in the Lord, with all your heart, and lean not to your own
> understanding; but in all your ways, acknowlege him, and He will direct your
> footsteps.  (Prov 3: 5 and 6)

Sure, anyone can quote the Bible out of context. (Sigh) Satan could do
it, too.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3    | But I will lay my burden
Email: davros at ycardz.com   | in the cradle of your grace,