Actiontech router?

That's an interesting option if the serial port is available.  I do
happen to have a windows partition already set up here so I can get
into windows-only interfaces "if I have to," but if the originator of
this thread does not have windows available to him already, he is
stuck with the issues that Janina pointed out here previously.  When
it comes to routers, I much prefer to roll my own on a linux box.  I
realize many routers come pretty cheap these days but an old '486 does
the job pretty well.

In the mean time, people shouldn't be *FORCED* to use windows to get a
job done.  It just ain't right!  Like what was said earlier if
somebody wants to do winblows, let 'm have at it.  But for me, I'll
only use it when it is impossible to do otherwise.

A lot of these problems lately have to do with javascript.  Text
browsers are well behind the times and lack javascript support.  I'll
bet that if a good text browser would implement javascript support, a
lot of these issues would go away.  Yes, I feel much javascript is
unnecessary but I can see where some of it is quite useful for
specialized navigation needs like treeviews.  I have a web based tool
for managing postgres databases.  Started out looking pretty good in
lynx but I ran into some java stuff that threw it down on its face.
Worked good in internet exploder but...  I'm thinking of ripping out
the javascript stuff but they implement things like tree views and the
like and conventional HTML does not support tree views.  So one
example of where javascript is here to stay.