Distributions with speakup modified kernels?

I like Debian's package management, but sometimes their packages seem a
little more out of date than most distributions and I like the way
Slackware does their RC scripts better than Debian.  For example, in
slackware, if you want to run a program on start up all you have to do is
put it in /etc/rc.d/rc.local, but not with Debian.