more network problems

Hi All,

I found a pci network everywhere fast ethernet adapter and installed it in
my linux box.  I ran netconfig and it found my card just fine, but I still
can't access the network.  When I do ifconfig eth0 I get all the info, like
the link incap is set to ethernet like it should be and the hw address is
showing up fine.  But still no network.  I'm sure that this card is good; I
tested it in another box.
What could be my problem?
Explorer has caused a general protection fault in module kernel32.dll. I'm
sick of Winblows!