>From dandrews at visi.com Fri Sep 20 07:36:41 2002
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:40:07 -0500
From: David Andrews <dandrews@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: None

	We have acquired some new equipment and software for NFB NET.  It is a Sun Cobalt RaQ 550 server, which is a Linux=-based server appliance.  The hardware is installed and over the next few weeks, myself and a consultant who has worked with me for four years, will be transferring the lists, web site etc.

This system means some new features I can't talk about yet.  It also eventually means virus scanning of all messages, and better anti-spam protection.  If there are features on the web Lite you would like to see, let me know.  I can't make any promises, but looking for ideas.

It also means that our Telnet and dial-up BBS services are going to be dropped.  I am sorry to those people who still use them, however, the number is quite small.

If you have any questions, let me know.  I hope the interruptions are minimal, but don't completely know at this time.

David Andrews, SysOp