Lynx and FTP

Steve:

I don't think there's much of anything you can do about this on the fly
either from within lynx or on the command line when you launch lynx. You
can, however, make relevant edits to your lynx.cfg file, if memory serves.
I'd open this file up in an editor and search on ftp. The various settings
options are pretty well documented in this file itself.