Lynx and FTP

I sit behind an IP masqueraded host.  When I use lynx to access normal
http stuff, everything is fine but if I hit on any FTP links, the
program simply hangs.  I'm quite sure it is because the FTP being
implemented by lynx is active instead of passive.  Active FTP which
depend on the port command do not work over ipmasq networks but
passive does.  Does anyone know if and how one can get lynx to use
passive FTP instead?  When I looked recently, I did not find anything
in Lynx config or doc files on the subject.  I could be wrong on my
assumptions but I can go in with lftp and its default of passive mode
and all is fine.