cleaning up text documents?

I ran across a text manipulation utility which I use in dos and which has
also a linux version.  It is powerful, fast, and easy to use.  It will do
the find and replace task you want from the cli, and much more.  I haven't
tried the linux version, so I'm hoping someone does try it and report how
it works.  at:

http://www.pagesz.net/~minitrue