a boot loader question

Hi all.

Upon examining the boot cd for  partition image, I noticed that in addition to the standard vmlinuz, initrd.img, and message.txt files which I expected to find, there are files called "ldlinux.sys", "syslinux", "syslinux.cfg", and "syslinux.com". Is it possible to tell from the names of the latter files which boot loader the cd uses? If so, then where can I find more info on this boot loader? Thanks in advance.
Greg