killing partimaged

Does anyone know if there is a way to properly terminate the partimaged server (I.E. with a keyboard command)? I've found the only way to kill it is to do "telinit 1" and "telinit 3" after the client completes its operations. If someone knows of a nicer way to do this, please let me know. Yes, before anyone asks, I've tried using kill. It doesn't report an error, but the partimaged process is still running.
Greg