cdrecord question

Hi all. I reconfigured lilo and passed the command append="hdd=ide-scsi"
to the kernel so that my Cd writer wouldn't be recognized by the regular
Ide driver. When I did cdrecord -scanbus, it said that it couldn't open
the scsi driver, no such file or directory. Is this normal since the
driver is just an emulation
driver, or is there something else wrong that I have to tackle? I have
both hdd, scd, and sg-type devices present in my /dev. Thanks!