compiling speakfreely 7.2

I think I can answer the question from yesterday about the "commands commence
before target" or something similar, because the same thing happened to me.
It probably means you uncommented the wrong line. In my case, I commented an
earlier line with duplex in it instead of waiting till I got to the one that
starts "duplex =" without the quotes of course.
Hope this helps.