copyright has nothing to do with my download error

Ok, I thought I had tried this with other books in the past, but I wanted to be
sure. I just went to the site and tried to download "american Notes" by charles
Dickens. Clearly said "public domain. Got the same errors as with "story of my
life".
If anybody does find the HTTP-Refer line in the lynx.cfg file, or a variant
thereof, please let us know. I'm not claiming it doesn't exist, just that i
haven't found it. I could be overlooking something.