lilo configuration

using disk druid to format a partition	Hello if I have a partition I created
how do I format it befor installing linux? I had redhat and when I clicked
onto the partition to install the install told me this prtition was not
formatted. How can I format it with disk druid? I formatted with partition
magic after the first installation whent bad but I still got the same error
message.