asap and dosemu

I am wondering if anybody on list has used dosemu with asap.
Asap loads fine ad reads fine when I do a command; however, the speech keypad is
not working properly. I get no feedback when I push the 123 456 and 789 keys. Is
this a keymapping problem or do I need an additional numlock command in my
config.sys (config.emu0 file despite the fact that asap should start that up?
TIA.