audio cd reccording

My only complaint about cdrdao is it seems to have trouble with more SCSI
emulators than does cdrecord.  Cdrecord works great on my system for data
style files but when I use cdrdao, I get a couple errors about being
unable to determin something about the device.  I had to specify my
drivers as follows:
read_driver:"generic-mmc:0x00200007"
write_device:"0,0,0"
write_driver:"generic-mmc"

But the last time I copied a cd with paranoia-mode=1, I still got some
errors while reading the cd and it took a very long time to do the job.  I
also couldn't get any progress messages to tell me how much longer <sigh>.