Hardware Question

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> You need to set a jumper on the hard drive as master (I've also seen some older drives where there was a master with slave option, use that if your drive has such a setting). You also need to set your cd-rom drive's jumper to slave. Hth.
> Greg
ok, just to add to this, you'll need to check your cmos/bios setings to
ensure that your drives are being detected correctly.
it's not just a matter of setting the jumpers and hoping for the best.
this is where alot of people go wrong.
if possible put the cdrom on a seperate ide controler and I personally
would set it as secondary master. I will stand to be corrected on this but
if that doesn't work, slave it to your hard drive as either a primary
slave on the primary ide controler or as a secondary slave on the
secondary ide controler.
please feel free to correct me anyone as I don't always get things right.
--
qShaun Oliver

Marriage is a three ring circus:
engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.
                -- Roger Price

Email: shauno at goanna.net.au
Icq: 76958435