subscription info for linux newbie

Hi all, would some kind individual be kind enough to send me info re
subscribing to the linux newbie list.
I have an IT background so feel that I have enough knowledge to participate
in this list to a point, however; I feel that the newbie list would also be
helpful, I know that there are probably many lists for newbies in regard to
linux, however the one I was looking for was one with attention given to the
speakup kernel patches. Is there not one like this if memory serves
correctly. Thanks again. Ed