sing zipspeak 8.0

Hi John,
first of all, to ensure that the pitch and rate changes take effect when
you echo values to /proc/speakup,
you need to put a greater than sign in fromt of the path so the command
should look like this.
echo 7 >/proc/speakup/pitch
and as for the rate the same thing applies.
the accentsa directory under /proc/speakup is to do with settings
specific to the synth and it's not a good idea unless you know what
you're doing to go fiddling with those.
as for the cursoring feature, u can toggle it on or off with the numpad
star key.
hth
Shaun..