RH7.2 w/Speakup enabled

I thought that parm was only required if the scsi stuff was statically
compiled into the kernel.  Since I used modules for this, as you are
apparently doing, and I didn't specify that parm, I didn't think it was
really necessary for dynamic kernels.  Don't know much about the internals
of this stuff.  This SCSI emmulation for IDE drives all sounds a bit
foreign to me.  As long as I can get it working...