list etiquette

all

Sorry I don't mean to be the one to lay down the law but some common
courtesy would be appreciated.  In some situations one may be reading
there mail in a batch.  If so please read through all the messages before
responding with the same info as someone else just did.  There is no
reason for there to be two messages that say the same thing.  Also we can
do with out the me too's.

Also if people could be more careful in passing out information it would
be helpful.  Cleaning up confusion is a lot lot harder then answering with
a correct and complete response up front.  If this means that you have to
read some docs before sending the message to make sure that your
assumptions are correct please do so.

My reason for saying these items isn't because I mind reading the mail.
The reason why I am saying these things are for the benefit of newbies.
They don't need to be confused anymore then they already are.  I counted
four or so messages today that gave incorrect information to newbies.  In
2 of the cases correct information had already been passed on to the
person seeking the answer.  If people would take the time to read the

I hope you all understand.  Thanks for your time.

--
     Frank Carmickle
phone:     412 761-9568
email:     frankiec at dryrose.com