zipspeak?

I've looked on the speakup and slackware sites and searched google, but
don't see anything about a new version of zipspeak.  Is there going to be
one or is speakup incorporated into zipslack-8  or has it been dropped?
I'm considering putting it on my DOS hard drive as a backup in case of a
major catastrophe with my linux system or my linux hard drive.  Suppose I
could just use the old zipspeak but don't want to set that up if another
is coming soon.

                              Cheryl