Additional keymaps?

Hi, Kirk and all. I'm wondering if anyone else has developed other keymaps
besides the one that ships with Speakup.
One thing I have noticed is Speakup needs a laptop keymap. I have to take a
ps2 numpad around to some classes in order to get access to the numpad keys,
and it would be nice if some alternate keymaps could be created.
I'd make them myself, but I am not familiar with hex codes, and keymap
design.