tar archives.

Hi:

Nah scrap that last one.  I just found out how to do it under debian,
anyway.  Take a look at the lessfile manpage.  I presume that slackware
does something similar.  Don't know exactly what the eval $(lessfile)
directive does, but it seems to cause less to preprocess the tgz file
through lessfile before printing its contents, hence you get the right
output.

Geoff.