IP Masquarading but enhanced

Hello, listers!
I cannot figure out one thing here. With Internet Connection Sharing in
WIndows, I can easily leave out the DNS entry for the machines on a private
network. WIth Linux, however, I can get IP Masq work only with DNS entry
being present on every machine on the network. How do I tell the
server-forwarder to also resolve domain names for the machines-requesters?
Thanks,
Vic