a solution to dtlk/ltlk problems with 2.4 test kernels

I've gotten my doubletalk lt and pc to work with the cvs code and the 2.4
test kernels.  For the lt, it required unplugging the external modem and
setting the sereal port on the kernel command line.  For the doubletalk
pc, I needed to edit the synth port list in speakup_dtlk.c to include the
port where my card lives before any other ports.  Very interesting.  Don't
i remember this problem from several months back?
Josh