Problems: RH6.2 boot disk & BNS

"Laurent de Fontenay" <12925683 at humarga.sun.ac.za> writes:

> My bns is rather antique (october 1994 revision) and doesn't have
> that option.  I can, however, specify block or line handshaking.
> Which would be best?

I suspect that line will work a bit better.  Neither one of those
options is very good though.  They will give you all sorts of pauses
during output of more than a line or so.  I thought that the chord-s
mode went back quite a while.  I would check into getting your rom
upgraded if you're going to use the bns as a general purpose synth.
Of course, I'd also recommend you get a real synth like a DoubleTalk
or the like. 'grin'

> When speaking of the boot prompt, do you mean the prompt which
> one gets when booting from the stiffy or a dos prompt when booting
> a system like zipspeak?  (potentially silly question, I know!)

No, the boot prompt I am talking about is what you get when you first
place the floppy in the drive and boot the system.  All of the
distributions will whir for a while and then stop, that's the boot
prompt.  You usually hit enter or enter text or graphics or something
depending on the distribution.

  Kirk